St Louis Air Handler Maintenance by the Pros
Air handlers need regular, biannual maintenance just like any other HVAC equipment. Providing exceptional St Louis Air Handler services, Hoffmann Brothers will keep your air handler working as efficiently as possible year-round, so your home or business will remain comfortable. Call Hoffmann Brothers for your air handler preventative maintenance today at 314-644-3011.
SCHEDULE AIR HANDLER MAINTENANCE
Air Handler Maintenance St Louis – Keep Your HVAC System Efficient and Effective
You want to keep your HVAC equipment working as efficiently and effectively as possible. Part of that process if you have a boiler or a heat pump is maintaining your air handler. Just like every machine or piece of HVAC equipment, it is important to perform regular care and maintenance services to it. Doing so helps prevent breakdowns, reduces repairs, and increases the longevity of your equipment.
Air handlers should be serviced twice a year – once of the warmer months to ensure cool air flow to your home or business and once for the colder months to be sure your property stays warm and cozy.
A typical air handler maintenance appointment typically includes:
- Changing the air filter
- Cleaning the air handler cabinet, blower fan, evaporator coil and other heating elements
- Oiling the blower motor components and gauging its current and voltage
- Replacing or adjusting the fan belt as needed
- Checking for loose connections (electrical or in ductwork)
- Verify air flow, refrigerant charge, and blower speed
- Flush the condensation pan
Performing this regular maintenance has the added benefit of preventing bacterial or mold growth as well as dust buildup and spreading allergens, which also helps it all run more efficiently. It can benefit your budget as well. According to the Department of Energy, “The difference between the energy consumption of a well-maintained heat pump and a severely neglected one ranges from 10% to 25%.”
Get Started on your AHU Maintenance in St Louis
Hoffmann Brothers has served the St. Louis Metro Area for over 40 years. We have earned awards for our customer-first service as a full-service contractor for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and appliance repair. No matter the size or scope of your project or problem, we have a solution and a team to fix it. Call Hoffmann Brothers today at 314-644-3011 or use our online form to schedule your air handler maintenance appointment.
SCHEDULE AIR HANDLER MAINTENANCE
FAQ’s About Air Handler Maintenance Services
Air handlers move already conditioned (warm or cold) throughout a property’s ductwork. An AC unit conditions outdoor air to feel cool.
Yes, an air handler always resides in the home as part of the HVAC system to blow warm or cold air into the ducts to be distributed throughout a home or business.
Air handlers need maintenance like any other component of your HVAC system, including:
- Lubricating the motor and blower bearing
- Straightening coils
- Checking that all moving parts are operational and there are no loose or damaged connections
MORE HELPFUL RESOURCES FROM HOFFMANN BROTHERS
- Home Protection Plan
- What To Expect on a Service Call
- How to Change a Furnace Filter
- Furnace Won’t Ignite? – Common Heating Solutions
- Carbon Monoxide in Home – Find Solutions
- Boiler Troubleshooting – HVAC Tips
- Measurements for Your HVAC Systems
- Understanding HVAC Duct Sizing
- Important Yearly Inspections and Maintenance For Your Property