What do you have circulating through the air ducts of your home or business? How is it affecting your family or staff? Professional Air Duct Cleaning for your heating and cooling system is an essential step to combat pollutants, allergens, and toxins in the air we breathe indoors, where the average American spends more than 90 percent of their time.
Schedule Duct Cleaning
Get started today by scheduling an appointment for air duct cleaning in St Louis, MO with Hoffmann Brothers. Call us at (314)664-3011. We are 40 years strong and proudly serve Missouri homes and businesses as one of the most preferred St Louis air duct cleaning companies.
- Protect Your Breathing Air with AC Duct Cleaning
- How Hoffmann Brothers Cleans Your Air Ducts
- Air Duct Cleaning Costs & How Long It Takes
- Maintenance After Duct Cleaning
- Signs You Need Duct Cleaning Services
- Reasons to Get HVAC Ducts Cleaned
- FAQs About Duct Cleaning
- Schedule St Louis Air Duct Cleaning
- More Helpful Resources
Protect Your Indoor Air Quality with AC Duct Cleaning
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which regulates both outdoor and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), notes that the levels of pollutants indoors may be up to 100 times higher than outdoor pollutant levels. This has raised the alarm from the EPA to rank poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental risks to public health. That’s where a commercial or residential air duct cleaning in St Louis can help.
Air Duct Cleaning is a lot more complicated than just blowing out the heating and cooling vents in your home.
Your air ducts are only part of the overall Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System, which include the following components:
- Return vents and panning
- Supply runs
- Supply registers
- Air Plenum
- Blower Motor and Assembly
- Evaporator coil
- Air Cleaner
- Air Filter
At Hoffmann Brothers, each homeowner that chooses our ductwork cleaning service is guaranteed clear communication about the service, before and after. Our certification also means that all cleaners sent to your home will be licensed, bonded, insured, and proficient in servicing HVAC and IAQ systems.
How To Clean Air Ducts – The Hoffmann Brothers Difference
There are two critical components to AC or Furnace Duct Cleaning our experts utilize: breaking contaminants loose and the collection of those contaminants. Our technicians will make sure each of these is done in a safe, quick and efficient way.
Breaking Contaminants Loose
A professional house duct cleaning of HVAC systems requires removing the sources of contamination. Source removal begins with using one or more agitation devices designed to loosen contaminants from the surfaces within the heating and air-conditioning duct system.
Hoffmann Brothers Air Duct Cleaning in St Louis utilizes the Viper Whip system and, when needed, Rotobrush Duct Cleaning Technology to loosen and brush dust and debris from the walls of your duct system.
Collection of Contaminants
During the heating and air conditioning duct cleaning process, the entire duct system is placed under continuous negative pressure (vacuum) to prevent the spread of contaminants. At Hoffmann Brothers, we use a truck-mounted, 30-horsepower engine with 14 collection bags to provide continuous negative pressure. This allows fine particles to be removed from the system as they become airborne, ensuring that these particles are not released into the living space when the system is turned on after cleaning.
This negative pressure also extracts the loosened contaminants, which are collected and removed from your home.
Note: Negative pressure alone is not enough to clean your air ducts. Hoffmann Brothers will use an agitation tool in tandem with pressurized air.
Accessing Your System During Duct Cleaning Services
Because each Duct System is unique, the way the duct cleaners access them will also be different. Where possible, access to duct interiors should be made through openings such as supply diffusers, return grills, duct end caps, and existing service openings.
However, if the system dictates, we may need to create an access panel ourselves. Service access panels that may be cut are 8” and 2” openings, which will be patched and/or plugged, sealing the system.
All work will be performed and maintained by our qualified and experienced technicians. By trusting your home to us, we will provide a before and after video inspection of the work we have done.
Some of the many steps we take during an air duct cleaning appointment:
- Inspection of your air ducts with photo and video technology
- Loosen and brush dust and debris from the walls of your duct system
- Vacuum removal of debris and dust from your ducts
- A thorough decontamination of your ducts with products designed to remove odors, germs, and build-up safely.
- Cleaning the vents, grilles, registers and returns connected to your duct system
- Cleaning of your HVAC coil system*
- Cleaning of the HVAC blower motor and associated parts*
* Services can be added as needed for additional cost
Air Duct Cleaning Costs and Timelines
At Hoffmann Brothers, we believe in fair and accountable Flat-rate pricing for our services.
Our pricing is not based on how many vents you have because we believe in no up charging at the home. If you know your home’s square footage and the number of systems you have, we can give you a set quote, every time.
Service usually runs between 3-5 hours, which can vary depending on duct system set-up.
The technicians can confirm with you the approximate completion time once they are on site.
Maintenance After a Home Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things that you can do to maintain the cleanliness and efficiency of your HVAC system:
- Get a good HVAC filter – ask your technician for a recommendation.
- Clean/change the HVAC filters as needed (at least every two months)
- Even with proper air duct cleaning and changing quality filters, the duct system will still become dirty over time. Have your heating and cooling system inspected annually to determine whether your system needs to be cleaned again.
LEARN MORE: How Often to Change HVAC Filter
Signs You Need HVAC Duct Cleaning
With every use of a heating and cooling system, existing dust, dust mites, pollen, animal dander, and bacteria get circulated throughout the air inside your property. These levels can build over time. The most common signs that it’s time to consider professional St Louis HVAC duct cleaning services include:
- Respiratory Problems that Cannot Be Solved – Poor air quality could be the explanation for why you’re not breathing well
- Neglect of Air Filter changes – Skipping this step may cause a build-up of pollutants
- Visible Dust or Debris on Air Registers, Grilles and Returns – These are the perforated duct covers on ceilings and walls which allow air to flow into the room
- Inconsistent Airflow Throughout Property – Your airflow should be consistent from room to room
- After Major Building Construction or Renovations – Don’t skip an air duct cleaning after work has been done on your property, when dust and allergen levels spike
- A Spike in Monthly Heating and Cooling Costs – Blockages make your HVAC unit work harder, sending your monthly costs upward.
Top Reasons for Central Air Duct Cleaning
Is duct cleaning worth it? And why clean your air ducts anyway? The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) notes this straightforward answer: “Because they get dirty!” Yes, there is a normal amount of debris and dust that accumulates in the air ducts of homes and businesses, but additional reasons for duct cleaning include:
- Issues with Allergies – Reduce allergens by cleaning your ducts, which in turn circulates cleaner air for breathing
- Pets in Your Home – Our animal friends have fur that gets trapped in ducts and venting systems and can increase dander, invite bacteria and grow until treated.
- Eliminate “Sick Building Syndrome” – If you feel worse inside and get better when you leave indoors, your air ducts could be contributing to the problem.
- Increase Efficiency of your HVAC System – Removing debris from ducts, coils, and equipment can sometimes increase the efficiency of heating and cooling systems by as much as 40 percent. That translates into savings on your monthly energy bill.
- Reduce Unpleasant Odors – If your home or business property is associated with a certain smell each time you walk in, you may need a duct cleaning. Odors from paint fumes, pets, tobacco, food, and cleaning products can linger in your duct system and escalate to cause an unpleasant and stale smell. Air duct cleanings can assist in odor reduction.
Frequently Asked Questions About Duct Cleaning
In general, most air ducts should be cleaned every 3-5 years. Learn more in our Duct Cleaning guide.
When a professional air duct cleaning company uses appropriate equipment, the ducts will be cleaned without leaving a mess in your home.
DIY air duct cleaning is not recommended mainly because proper home air duct cleaning requires professional tools, and there is a risk that you may make your air quality worse by stirring up contaminants in your property rather than removing them completely.
Yes, cleaning your ductwork regularly by removing the dust and debris that has accumulated over time does improve airflow, IAQ, and the efficiency of your HVAC system.
Typical cleaning of air ducts takes only a few hours, somewhere in the range of 3-5 hours, depending on factors like the size and age of the home and whether or not pets live there.
Air Duct Cleaning, St Louis, MO – Call the Experts at Hoffman Brothers!
We’re ready to answer your important duct cleaning questions and concerns. Get started today by calling the St Louis duct cleaning team at Hoffmann Brothers at (314)664-3011 and begin breathing easy again!
Other Helpful Resources
- How Often Should Air Ducts Be Cleaned?
- Dryer Vent Cleaning St Louis
- How Often to Change Your HVAC Filter?
- St Louis Indoor Air Quality Services