What do you have circulating through the air ducts of your home or business? How is it affecting your family or staff? The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which regulates both outdoor and indoor air quality, notes that the levels of pollutants indoors may be up to 100 times higher than outdoor pollutant levels. This has raised the alarm from the EPA to rank poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental risks to public health.1
For immediate duct cleaning service, call Hoffmann Brothers at 314-664-3011
Jump To Page Contents
- Signs You Need Duct Cleaning
- How We Clean Your Air Ducts
- Common Reasons for Duct Cleaning Services
- Schedule St Louis Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning for your heating and cooling system is an essential step to combat pollutants, allergens and toxins in the air we breathe indoors — where the average American spends more than 90 percent of their time.2 Get started and schedule your air duct cleaning appointment with Hoffmann Brothers today. We are 40 years strong and proudly serve Missouri homes and businesses as one of the most preferred greater St Louis air duct cleaning companies.
How Often to Clean Air Ducts? The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) makes the recommendation for air duct cleaning every 3 to 5 years.
With every use of a heating and cooling system, existing dust, dust mites, pollen, animal dander, and bacteria get circulated throughout the air inside your property. These levels can build over time. The most common signs that it’s time to consider professional HVAC duct cleaning services include:
- Mold – If you detect mold inside or near your heating and cooling system, it’s time to take action with duct cleaning
- Respiratory Problems that Cannot Be Solved – Poor air quality could be the explanation for why you’re not breathing well
- Neglect of Air Filter changes – Skipping this step may cause build-up of pollutants
- Visible Dust or Debris on Air Registers, Grilles and Returns – These are the perforated duct covers on ceilings and walls which allow air to flow into the room
- Inconsistent Airflow Throughout Property – Your airflow should be consistent from room to room
- After Major Building Construction or Renovations – Don’t skip an air duct cleaning after work has been done on your property when dust and allergen levels spike
- A Spike in Monthly Heating and Cooling Costs – Blockages make your HVAC unit work harder, sending your monthly costs upward.
- Rodent or Insect infestation – Creatures taking up residence in your air ducts require attention as they shed and have the potential to explode in population levels
When you schedule your St Louis area AC duct cleaning, furnace duct cleaning or building duct cleaning services with Hoffmann Brothers, we implement top-performing Rotobrush air duct cleaning technology designed to improve both your indoor air quality and the performance of your HVAC system. Here’s are some of the many steps we take during an air duct cleaning appointment:
- Inspection of your air ducts with camera and video technology
- Rotobrush technology to loosen and brush dust and debris from the walls of your duct system
- Vacuum removal of debris and dust from your ducts
- Cleaning of your HVAC coil system
- Cleaning of the HVAC blower motor and associated parts
- A thorough decontamination of your ducts with products designed to safely remove odors, germs and build-up.
- Cleaning the vents, grilles, registers and returns connected to your duct system
Why clean your air ducts? The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) notes this very simple answer: “Because they get dirty!”3 Yes, there is a normal amount of debris and dust that accumulates in the air ducts of homes and businesses, but additional reasons for duct cleaning include:
- Issues with Allergies – Reduce allergens by cleaning your ducts, which in turn circulates cleaner air for breathing
- Pets in Your Home – Our animal friends have fur that gets trapped in ducts and venting systems and can increase dander, invite bacteria and grow until treated.
- Eliminate “Sick Building Syndrome” – If you feel worse inside and get better when you leave indoors, your air ducts could be contributing to the problem.
- Increase Efficiency of your HVAC System – Removing debris from ducts, coils and equipment can sometimes increase efficiency of heating and cooling systems by as much as 40 percent. That translates into savings on your monthly energy bill.
- Remove Unpleasant Odors – If your home or business property is associated with a certain smell each time you walk in, you may need a duct cleaning. Odors from paint fumes, pets, tobacco, food and cleaning products can linger in your duct system and escalate to cause an unpleasant and stale smell. Air duct cleanings address this issue.
FAQ’s About Air and Furnace Duct Cleaning
The Environmental Protection Agency notes that air duct cleaning costs “range from $450 to $1,000 per heating and cooling system, depending on the services offered.” Keeping your air ducts clean is a contributor to healthy Indoor Air Quality in your home or business property.
When a professional air duct cleaning company uses appropriate equipment, the ducts will be cleaned without leaving a mess in your home.
A typical cleaning of air ducts takes only a few hours, somewhere in the range of 4-6 hours, depending on factors like the size and age of the home, and whether or not pets live in the home.
Air Duct Cleaning, St Louis, MO – Call the Experts at Hoffman Brothers!
We’re ready to answer your important duct cleaning questions and concerns. Get started today by calling the St Louis duct cleaning team at Hoffmann Brothers at 314-664-3011 and begin breathing easy again!