Maintenance on your heating system is important not only for the furnace but for the safety of your family and St Louis area home. The heating system in most cases runs off gas and has many different safeties that need to be checked on an annual basis. It is recommended that a licensed and trained contractor services and maintains your heating system as they are complex systems that not just anyone without training can look at.
The technicians at Hoffmann Brothers can work on any type of heating system, including furnaces, heat pumps, boilers, air handlers, geothermal, and ductless HVAC systems. The Hoffmann Brothers heating and cooling maintenance is very thorough. If you are looking to schedule a heating tune up, our St Louis HVAC office is ready to speak with you. Give us a call at (314) 664-3011.
Preventative Maintenance For Your Home’s Heating System
Reasons to choose a reliable heating maintenance plan include:
- Safety – Because heating systems generally have combustive byproducts, these major appliances need an annual check-up for safety reasons.
- Health – Heating system preventative maintenance also involves cleaning the system to promote clean indoor air quality.
- Energy savings – During the preventative maintenance check up, a heating contractor conducts a tune up of the comfort system, tweaking its energy efficiency. Because dirt inhibits the system from warming the home, the heating system works harder.
- Life extension – Heating system preventative maintenance not only promotes the health, safety and energy efficiency of the home’s comfort system, but also extends the life of your heating unit.
Furnace Maintenance St Louis
Hoffmann Brothers recommends an annual heating system maintenance as lack of maintenance is the number one cause of system breakdowns and failures. During our heating system maintenance we not only thoroughly clean the HVAC unit, but we check the heat exchanger for any cracks, as that is how carbon monoxide can leak into your home. The regular heating system maintenance can not only save you from costly repairs, but extend the life of your equipment, and lower your monthly utility bills. To request a furnace maintenance or boiler maintenance, call Hoffmann Brothers at (314) 664-3011 or request a maintenance appointment here.
What Happens During a Heating Maintenance Visit?
When a heating and air conditioning contractor from Hoffmann Brothers conducts HVAC maintenance for the households around St Louis, the checkup entails dozens of steps to account for safety and energy efficiency. Here is a short list of tasks that Hoffmann performs during preventative maintenance:
- Check the home for carbon monoxide (CO).
- Modulate the air supply temperature.
- Clean, adjust and lubricate the blower control.
- Inspect the combustion chamber inspected for fissures and other visible problems.
- Remove dirt, soot, or corrosion from the furnace or boiler.
- Run diagnostics on the hot water system, checking the high limit control, the pressure tank, and pressure release valve.
- Analyze both high water and low water safety controls.
- Evaluate water in the boiler to determine if it has the right mixture of chemicals to prevent corrosion and debris accumulation.
- Remove any soot and dirt accumulation on the heat exchanger.
- Fill and seal all connections leading from the furnace to the main duct system.
- Monitor the heating unit’s fuel input and the flames settings.
Fires, gas leaks and combustion due to undetected heating problems are generally avoidable catastrophes. In the event of a fire, gas leak or explosion, some Missouri insurance companies do not always cover damage and losses caused by an improperly maintained heating system. From spring to the end of autumn when the heating unit is not in use, it is vulnerable to debris accumulation, loose components and inept energy efficiency.
Home Protection Maintenance Plan at Hoffmann Brothers
Hoffmann Brothers offers a Home Protection Plan where we provide semi -annual maintenance on your heating and air conditioning systems. See your benefits below:
- 15% discount on all repairs (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and appliance as well as 5% discount (up to $600.00) for all installations.
- Priority service within 24 hours for emergencies.
- 15% off home plumbing inspections, drain cleaning services and electrical panel safety inspections
- Reduced diagnostic fees and emergency service fees
- (2) precision tune-ups annually, including standard humidifier service and pad
- Free filters for life per industry standards for the duration of your membership
To learn more about our Home Protection Plan or to join, click here.
Heating Maintenance Experts Throughout St Louis, MO
To request maintenance on your furnace, boiler, heat pump, geothermal, air handler or ductless heating and cooling system, call Hoffmann Brothers at (314) 664-3011. Learn more about our Service Club Memberships here or request a maintenance appointment through our online form.
Get started and schedule your next maintenance appointment today!