Geothermal Contractor St Louis, MO
Hoffmann Brothers has been serving the St Louis community for many years on their heating and air conditioning and plumbing systems. We have been dedicated to helping reduce energy and providing the most up to date technology. The Geothermal Technology is one of the most energy efficient ways to heat and cool your St Louis area home or business. Geothermal provides natural, reliable and inexpensive energy to homes and business. There is a misconception that Geothermal Heating and Cooling is very expensive to install, but due to the tax credits and utility rebates, Geothermal can be just as affordable as a standard HVAC system. To get a free estimate on a geothermal heating and air conditioning systems, contact one of our Project Managers at (314) 664-3011 or contact us through our online form.
Geothermal Heating and Cooling
Geothermal is not a new technology, but has become more and more popular over the years due the recent tax credits and Utility company rebates that have become available. Geothermal energy can come from your own backyard. Hoffmann Brothers can provide a lot of information about energy savings, tax credits, and reasons to choose Geothermal over a traditional HVAC system. Call one of our Geothermal Specialists at (314) 664-3011 or request a bid through our online form.
Geothermal Heat Pumps
Hoffmann Brothers can install Geothermal Heat Pumps in various locations, climates, and are great for both residential and commercial applications. Geothermal heating and cooling systems can draw energy from the ground through the loop systems we install and is transferred to your home or business to provide heating and cooling. There are various types of Geothermal loop installations that can be performed, and paired with various geothermal products. To learn more about our geothermal installations, call us at (314) 664-3011 or visit our geothermal installation page.
Not only can Hoffmann Brothers install geothermal heating and cooling systems in your home, but we also provide geothermal repair, service and maintain existing geothermal heat pumps. Our service technicians can repair any brand or any type of geothermal system for your home or business. Our technicians have gone through continuous training on both geothermal heat pumps and geothermal loops. To request service with one of our geothermal technicians, call us at (314) 664-3011 or request service through our online form.
Geothermal Water Heating for St Louis Properties
Geothermal Water Heating is becoming more and more popular. Hoffmann Brothers Water Heater Contractors was one of the first to do it in the St Louis area. Geothermal water heating is similar to geothermal heating for a home or business. It is the most efficient way to heat hot water. The energy from the sun is absorbed by the ground.
This energy is extracted from the ground and put into the hot water. This heat is free, renewable, does not pollute, and there is plenty to go around. In a geothermal water heating system you have a compressor, ground loop, heat exchanger and a pump. If you put one unit of energy into a compressor it will grab 3 free units of energy from the ground then deliver 4 units of energy to the hot water. This is 400% efficient. An electric water heater is 100%, a gas water heater is 70% to 95% efficient. You can’t beat 400% efficient water.
Facts About Geothermal Hot Water Heating Systems
- The geothermal heat pump still does its traditional job. Supplemented by electricity, the pump removes heat from inside your St Louis area home. The system accepts hot return air and distributes cold supply air to the ductwork. Instead of simply transferring heat to the earth through the closed underground water solution loop, some of the waste heat moves to your hot water storage tank.
- Like the earth in the traditional geothermal model, your hot water heater becomes a new heat sink. When no additional energy is needed to heat up the contents of your storage tank, your hot water is supplied free of charge. During the summer, this harmonious system can supply 60-80% of your hot water for free.
- If you already have a geothermal heat pump and a storage hot water heater, you’re more than halfway there. A desuperheater needs to be added to some retrofits. In many new installations, the desuperheater is provided as a standard component.
- The desuperheater is a secondary heat exchanger with a small pump. Water from your hot water storage tank is pumped through the auxiliary heat exchanger, preheated with heat pump waste heat, and output from the heat pump back to the tank. Less gas or electric energy is consumed to heat the water in the tank, since the water starts at a higher temperature.
- Your temperature settings take priority. Your geothermal heat pump will run just as efficiently and work just as well to cool your home. The hot water heater tie-in just capitalizes on waste heat.
- Hoffmann Brothers can tie your geothermal heat pump to your storage hot water heater seamlessly. Our installation ensures the transfer of energy to your water heater versus the earth will occur automatically based on demand.
Geothermal HVAC St Louis
Geothermal is popular all over the St Louis area including St Louis City, St Louis County, Jefferson County, Webster Groves, Ballwin, Fenton, Arnold, Eureka, Ladue, Clayton, Chesterfield and more. To speak with one of our Geothermal Specialists about installing geothermal in your home or business call us at (314) 664-3011. Or if you have an existing geothermal heat pump that doesn’t seem to be working properly, contact us to schedule a repair through our online request service form.