Want helps with allergies? There are so many reasons an air cleaner can help clean the air in your home? Do you suffer from allergies? Want to protect against airborne bacteria? Want to remove allergens like dust and pet dander from your home? Air Cleaners can help with all of these.
For immediate help, contact the Indoor Air Quality experts at Hoffmann Brothers for top St Louis Air Cleaner installation and services at (314) 664-3011.
Air Cleaners For the Greater St Louis Area
Hoffmann Brothers offers all types and brands of air cleaners for your St Louis home or business. We want to make sure that you get all the specifications in your air cleaner that will make them the most successful in your home. Some of the most common brands of air cleaners are Aprilaire and Honeywell. The Hoffmann Brothers technicians can make the best recommendation for an air cleaner for you home and install it correctly for you.
What Does an Air Cleaner Do?
Air cleaners address several indoor air quality issues. Primarily, an air cleaner removes fine particulate matter associated with triggering an allergic reaction, asthmatic episode, or respiratory distress.
St Louis, MO is in the top 10 worst cities for Allergies. Do you or someone in your family suffer from allergies? Hoffmann Brothers offers air cleaners that can remove 95% of the dust, pollen and mold spores, and bacteria in your St Louis home. This means that your family will be able to breathe easier and have less allergy symptoms and trips to the doctor. If you are interested in having an air cleaner installed in your St Louis home, call us at (314) 664-3011 or request a bid through our online form.
Common Types of Air Cleaners
Air cleaner technology includes:
- UV Germicidal Light – Indoor air quality is not only applicable to a comfortable, cozy or chilled environment. Airborne contaminants trigger asthmatic attacks and other respiratory-related health conditions. A UV germicidal light exterminates biological contaminants by interrupting mutation. Yet, despite a UV germicidal light’s ability to eradicate airborne contaminants, the air cleaning devices do not have the capacity to filter out microbes. This is a primary reason that Hoffmann Brothers heating contractors advise St Louis homeowners to invest in an air cleaner in addition to a UV germicidal light.
- Electronic Precipitator – works by utilizing electricity to capture and charge particles in the air. The scientific process draws particle matter into an ion section where the contaminants remain entrapped on a metal plate.
- Ion Generator – is an air cleaning technology. It works by scattering ions into the air, charging those particles and then settling on surfaces throughout the home. As a result, it is not as effective as whole-house air cleaning systems.
- Whole-House Air Filter system is compatible with most homes’ current heating and cooling systems. An air cleaner using both an electrically enhanced air filtration technology and a media cleaner afford the best indoor air quality for your home.
Air Filters St Louis
A clean filter allows air to pass through your HVAC unit freely, without the blower fan working overtime to draw air in through a clogged filter. By replacing your air filter every 3-6 months, you decrease any strain on your HVAC system and prolong the lifespan of the unit while decreasing overall operating costs. Moreover, by catching dust and debris, a clean air filter keeps your air ducts from filling with dust and allergens, reducing contaminants circulating in your home’s air.
Common Types of Air Filters
- Fiberglass filters: These are most common, do the bare minimum, are cheap and easily replaced.
- Polyester and pleated filters: These are mid-range filters for people with slight allergies, live in areas with high pollen content or have pets. These generally are better than fiberglass filters for removing pollutants.
- High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) Filters: These are the best filters out there with the highest filtration rating. They’re mainly used in hospitals and require special installation.
Do you have an air cleaner in your home and need to replace the air filter? Hoffmann Brothers can replace your air filter for you and we also offer air cleaner maintenance. As a part of our Home Protection Plan, not only do you get free filters for life, but we can include air cleaners as a part of your semi-annual maintenance program. If you are interested in getting the maintenance done for your air cleaner, schedule your maintenance appointment or filter change through our online form. If your air cleaner does not seem to be working properly, we can also repair any type of air cleaner you may have. Give Hoffmann Brothers a call for all your air cleaner needs at (314) 664-3011.