Here are some very common reasons to upgrade your standard hot water heater with a tankless unit:
- Your water heater is outdated, overtaxed, and/or constantly running out of hot water when you need it most.
- You need to run laundry, dishes and showers at similar times and the demand for hot water is not being met.
- It’s winter, you are third in line for a shower each morning, and you know you don’t stand a chance of getting hot water!
It’s time for you to consider a switch to the best option that gives you endless hot water: The Tankless Hot Water Heater.
call Hoffmann Brothers right away at 314-664-3011.
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
An endless hot water heater brings hot water to your shower by the following process when you turn on the hot water tap:
- Water enters the heater.
- The water flow sensor detects the strength of the water flow.
- The water heater’s computer automatically ignites the burner.
- Water is forced to circulate through the heat exchanger.
- The exchanger heats the water to the set temperature.
When you turn off the hot water tap, the tankless hot water system turns off. It’s that simple.
Are Tankless Water Heaters Worth It?
This may be the next question you ask as you weigh the tankless water heater pros and cons. Consider these seven factors in your final decision.
- Cost: How much do tankless water heaters cost? While the initial investment is typically higher than a standard water heater with a tank, the rest of these considerations may more than make up for it over time.
- Service: They need servicing once a year just as you should any water heater system.
- Life Expectancy: Endless hot water units using tankless systems outlast standard water heaters (which only average a 10-year life) Learn more here.
- Endless Hot Water: Running out of hot water is no longer an issue. Tankless give you hot water on demand! Multiple people can shower at once even while running the dishwasher or laundry. No more waiting for a tank to heat up the next batch of water in storage.
- Efficiency: A tankless hot water heater is up to 40% more efficient than a 50 Gallon tank water heater and could save at least $100/year in energy consumption1 (fuel types can affect this significantly as well, essentially paying for themselves within 10 years).
- Compact & Convenient: A tankless water heater can save you much-needed space in your basement by being mounted on the wall or even installed outside.
- Incentive: Utility companies often offer incentives and rebates for installing a tankless water heater system.
Preparing to Upgrade to an Endless Hot Water System
If you move forward with a tankless water heater, be sure to know your average water use, whether you are interested in one or multiple tankless water heaters to meet your home’s daily needs, the fuel type appropriate for your home, and any codes/laws for proper installation that must be followed.
Get an Endless Supply of Hot Water in St Louis, MO
A licensed plumber can help walk you through the question “Should I get a tankless water heater?” and help you make the best selection. Call Hoffmann Brothers today at 314-664-3011 or contact us online to discuss how you can get an endless supply of hot water and get a quote. We’ve been proudly serving the greater St Louis area for more than 40 years!
Water Heater Resources
- Tankless Water Heater Services St Louis
- How to Light a Pilot Light on a Water Heater
- Tankless Water Heater vs Traditional
- How Long Do Hot Water Heaters Last?
- Navien Manuals: Tankless Water Heaters