Sewer Pipe Bursting And Pipe Splitting
When you’re dealing with damaged pipes that have cracked, are leaking and causing a real sewage mess, it’s time to consider pipe bursting as a proven method of trenchless sewer replacement. In addition to our popular sewer pipe lining method, a pipe bursting sewer line replacement provides a strong alternative to tearing up your valuable landscaping, sprinkler systems and sidewalks.
Hoffmann Brothers is currently the only St Louis area sewer and plumbing contractor offering pipe bursting technology. We also offer a 100-Year Pipe Warranty on our pipe bursting replacements.
What Is Sewer Pipe Bursting?
Sewer line bursting uses a technology that allows pipes to be replaced without digging a trench and with little disruption to your yard.
Here’s how pipe bursting works:
- Sewer Camera Inspection – Using the latest video camera inspection technology, Plumbing’s licensed St. Louis plumbers insert a specially designed high-resolution video camera into your sewer pipe. During the sewer inspection, our video cameras transmit quality high-resolution video images back to our plumbers. This allows us to locate the exact depth and location of your existing sewer line.
- Dig Small Entry and Exit Points – We then dig two small entry and exit points, one near your foundation and the other near your property line. We need these to push the new sewer pipe in to burst the old pipe.
- Weld New Pipes in Place with Heat – Our sewer replacement pipe is actually rated for a 50 year life. We heat-weld the new sewer line pipe above ground so that its connections never go bad in the future. This means you won’t have to worry about tree roots entering and clogging your sewer drains ever again!
- Burst Old Pipes by Pull New Pipes Through – We then mechanically pull the new pipe through the old pipe. The old pipe is bursted and the new sewer pipe is installed at the same time to complete the job!
Learn more: Sewer pipe bursting definition.
The Benefits of Pipe Bursting
Some of the many benefits of pipe bursting sewer replacement include:
- Trenchless pipe bursting cost – significant savings by avoiding digging expenses
- Minimize damage to your property
- Reduced risk of damage to utilities found underground
- Fewer labor risks and costs associated with yard excavation
- 100-Year Pipe Warranty
- Flow capacity increases by installing equal or even larger pipes
Be sure to become familiar with our full lineup of sewer services or our popular pipe lining services for St. Louis, St. Charles and the surrounding areas. To speak with a pipe bursting technician, call Hoffmann Brothers today at 314-664-3011 or request service here for all of your sewer solutions.