Frozen Water Pipes Need Attention From an Experienced Plumber
During the St Louis winters, there is potential for the water pipes or water lines to freeze. If the temperatures dip below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, pipes may freeze. When the pipes freeze, if left untreated they can burst and cause major damage in your home. In extreme temperatures, the freezing of the pipes can happen fast, and you need a reliable contractor who can get to you as soon as possible.
Steps To Take When A Pipe Bursts
- The first thing to do is shut off the water main. The main water valve is usually connected to the street. Turning off the main water line is vital to preventing additional damage.
- Next, go to the circuit breaker and turn off the electricity. Since water and electricity can be potentially fatal, this is another important step.
- Next, trace the leak. Even though a burst pipe is not a do it yourself repair, the information serves as an integral detail when scheduling a plumbing house call.
- Schedule a plumbing repair. In a moment of panic, don’t allow a non-licensed person to attempt to repair the broken pipe. Moreover, in the event you have to file a claim on your home owner’s insurance, your policy would most likely reimburse services provided by a licensed plumbing contractor versus a person familiar with plumbing systems.
While taking preventative steps to avoid pipes bursting is an important step, it is also necessary to understand what to do in the case of a plumbing emergency. For liability purposes and to ensure that pipes are repaired properly and according to code, hire a licensed Plumber in St Louis. Hoffmann Brothers is a licensed Plumbing, HVAC & Electrical Contractor. Not only can we fix your pipe, but any hvac or electrical damage the pipe burst may have caused, we can help with as well. Contact us today at (314) 664-3011.
Frozen Pipes In House – Our St. Louis Plumbers Can Help
The plumbers at Hoffmann Brothers are equipped with the pipe freezing equipment and can help you unfreeze your pipes before it causes more damage to your St Louis home than need be. Sometimes frozen pipes can be mistaken as a clogged drain or clogged line. Call Hoffmann Brothers if you suspect that your pipes may be frozen. You can reach us at 314-664-3011.
How To Thaw Frozen Pipes In St. Louis
Our plumbers are trained and licensed to work on any type of water lines, drain lines, piping systems and more. If in the winter the pipes freeze, you need to have an experienced and skilled plumber who can work on your piping and water systems in your home. You want to make sure to treat the problem before it causes the pipes to break or crack and water to spill into your home. Call Hoffmann Brothers for all your frozen pipes or pipe freezing needs at (314) 664-3011.
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes
- Fix all pipe leaks. Check all exposed indoor and outdoor pipes for leaks.
- Insulate your pipes. Locate any exposed pipes in your attic, garage or crawl spaces and wrap them with plumbing insulation foam. This will protect your pipes and will help keep your home and water warmer in the winter.
- Drain your evaporative cooler or swamp cooler. Turn off the cooler’s water and power, then drain the water supply line and water out of the cooler.
- Insulate and heat your pump house. If you have a well, make sure that your pump house piping is well insulated. Also, make sure that your pump house has a properly working heater to keep its temperature above freezing.
- Protect your hose bibs. Remove any garden hoses from the bibs, as this can trap water and damage your plumbing when it freezes. Then, drain the collected water from the bibs and insulate them.
- Winterize your sprinkler system. Turn off the water and drain any collected water from your sprinklers. You can do this by turning on each individual valve connected to the sprinkler system.
- Locate your water main. This is the most important tip. Know where your water main is in case of an emergency, like a burst pipe. You want to know where your water main is so that you can shut off your water quickly and minimize your plumbing’s damage. Make sure you know where your water shutoff valve is and that you have direct and easy access to it.
How To Fix Frozen Pipes – Call Hoffmann Brothers Today
Our plumbers and drain cleaners have been serving the St Louis and Metro East areas for many years. Some of the areas that we service most for frozen pipes and other drain cleaning needs are St Louis County, Kirkwood, Ballwin, Des Peres, Chesterfield, Creve Coeur, Webster Groves, Clayton, University City, St Louis City, Brentwood, Sunset Hills, Florissant, Lemay, Mehlville, Sunset Hills, Town & Country, Ferguson, Hazelwood, Maryland Heights, St Charles County, O’Fallon, Fairview Heights, Alton, Columbia, Edwardsville, Collinsville, East St Louis, Ladue, and much more.
If you don’t see your area listed here, or need additional information on water pipe repair or replacement, just call us at 314-664-3011 to see if we can provide you with the drain cleaning frozen pipe fix, or additional needs you might have.