Are you having trouble with your HVAC system? Did you know that the issue might not be your furnace or AC at all but your thermostat? At Hoffmann Brothers, we commonly see thermostats that are old, broken, or have bad or loose wire connections that can quickly cause issues for your heating and cooling system. Let our Nashville Indoor Air Quality!
Contact Hoffmann Brothers today for these important services:
- Nashville Thermostat Replacement
- Home Thermostat Installation
- Thermostat Repair Services
With 40 years in the HVAC industry and award-winning service, our team of professionals is one you can trust with the comfort of your home. Count on Hoffmann Brothers as your reliable Nashville HVAC contractors.
Why Thermostats Matter
One of the major contributing factors to your home comfort is a properly functioning thermostat. Your thermostat not only controls the temperature, but also the humidification, the dehumidification, and ventilation of your home. It can also affect the energy efficiency of your HVAC system and, consequently, your utility bill.
Thermostat Replacement Throughout Nashville, TN
Hoffmann Brothers provides professional Nashville thermostat replacement for most major brands including installation of:
- Honeywell Thermostats
- Google Nest Thermostat Installation
- Ecobee Thermostats
Choosing a Thermostat for Installation Home
When considering an upgrade or replacement, determine whether you have (or want) a 1-Stage or 2-Stage air conditioning system. The new thermostat will indicate which system it works with. This will be a key piece of information as you consider your options and choose your best Nashville thermostat replacement option.
Types of Thermostats for Replacement
Along with considering the brand you’d like to install, as well as common features like color, size, screensaver/scrolling pictures, keep these options in mind during your selection:
- Manual – You are the master of the home environment and control any and all ups and downs in temperature with a button or dial.
- Programmable / Wired – Operates by a set schedule assigned by you within the programming limitations (7-day, 5-1-1, 5-2 and 1-week programming) for weekday and weekend variability but requires the user to be physically at the unit to set or override the schedule. There is no memory storage for historical usage. Not generally recommended for heat pumps.
- Wifi Thermostat – Connected to the internet and an app on your phone to collect energy-use data and tell you the temperature and humidity level of your home vs. outside as well as alert you to clogged filters and other maintenance needs
- Smart / Wireless thermostats – Designed for maximum efficiency by giving you access to daily temperature programming, real-time and historical reports for energy usage, humidity levels, and seasonal and vacation settings from wherever you are with your mobile device, tablet, smartphone, or desktop. Can even be set to vacation mode or night mode and remind you of preventative maintenance and filter changes. Using smart assistants like Alexa and Google Nest, you can also control lights, locks, and other smart appliances
Choosing Nashville Professionals to Install Your Thermostat
Once you have established which type of thermostat you want, you will need to install it. If you are a licensed electrician and HVAC specialist, this is a standard DIY project. However, for most homes, put safety first and call the pros at Hoffmann Brothers.
Why? Installing a programmable thermostat (a low-voltage wiring installation), involves two to 10 wires, depending on your HVAC system.
Where to Install Your Home Thermostat
The next most important decision is where to install your new thermostat. Ideally, your thermostat will be mounted about five feet from the floor on an interior wall near the center of your home away from:
- Direct sunlight
- Doorways, skylights, and windows
- Furniture in front of or below it
Otherwise, you may get inaccurate or “ghost” readings that cause unnecessary cycling of your HVAC system.
For immediate If you need thermostat installation service, call Hoffmann Brothers. We can schedule your home thermostat replacement as soon as possible, so your home will be as comfortable and energy-efficient as possible.
Thermostat Not Working? Professional Repairs in Nashville
If your thermostat is not working correctly, the team at Hoffmann Brothers is here to fix thermostat problems – fast. Count on our team for reliable Nashville Thermostat Repairs throughout the area.
While there is no set lifespan for a thermostat, they typically last at least 10 years before they start to malfunction or break down. You can help extend its lifespan with a thermostat inspection and calibration. We recommend checking your thermostat during an annual HVAC maintenance appointment.
Warning Signs for Thermostat Repairs
Common signs it may be time to fix your thermostat include:
- HVAC system won’t turn on or respond to the thermostat
- HVAC system runs constantly could mean a frayed wire or an incorrectly calibrated thermostat
- Thermostat doesn’t respond to changes in its settings: Most of the time, if you make a change (like turning the temperature up/down) the thermostat will make a small clicking sound, and then the HVAC system will kick on/off. If it doesn’t, the thermostat may need to be replaced.
- HVAC system short cycles: This means inefficient and/or ineffective heating and cooling and discomfort
- Thermostat loses programmed settings means you might need a thermostat replacement
Common Thermostate Problems Include:
- Dead batteries
- System reboot needed: sometimes as easy as turning power off/on
- Thermostat not being level, which causes the mercury switch not to work properly
- Inefficient or improper installation
- Anticipator issues: HVAC system cycles off and on too quickly or never seems to reach the set temperature may mean the anticipator needs adjustment
- Dirt/dust buildup, which can cause incorrect room temperature readings and the furnace or AC to not turn on when it should
- Bad thermostat wiring: damaged, frayed, or loose wires can cause malfunctions
You can sometimes fix (or at least check) some of the most common thermostat problems before you call in a trusted professional to repair your thermostat. Basic
thermostat troubleshooting is as simple as:
- Making sure thermostat is on the right setting:
- Heat in cooler months, AC in warmer months.
- ON vs. Auto: ON means the system is running (constantly). Auto means the HVAC system will only run when needed to maintain the set temperature.
- Programming is correct.
- Checking the screen: A blank or unlit screen could indicate a thermostat failure.
- Checking the batteries: If the screen is blank or unlit, your fix could be as easy as a battery change.
- Checking the circuit breakers: Have they tripped? Reset them, and test the thermostat and HVAC system.
- Checking the thermostat location: Is it in the best spot to avoid inaccurate readings?
FAQs about Thermostat Services
You can call a Nashville HVAC contractor like Hoffmann Brothers.
Your HVAC system will not work properly – or possibly at all.
Yes, but it is not advisable. Call for a licensed technician, and we will have your new thermostat up and running in no time.
It can be. It does take some electrical know-how and safety precautions that are best left to a licensed professional.
No, there are several factors that determine what kind of thermostat you should get, including:
- 1 or 2-stage HVAC system
- Manual, programmable, wifi, or smart thermostat
At least one.
Professional Thermostat Services in Nashville – Call Hoffmann Brothers
For over 40 years, Hoffmann Brothers has provided reliable HVAC and Indoor Air Quality services and are pleased to offer thermostat replacement and repairs for residents in Nashville and the surrounding areas.