Whole House Purifiers, including HEPA Air Purifiers and the popular Aprilaire Air Cleaner technology can make a dramatic difference in fighting colds, allergens and viruses that quickly spread on surfaces and through air. For fast and reliable Air Cleaner installation in Nashville, TN and the surrounding areas, call on the experienced team of Nashville Indoor Air Quality technicians at Hoffmann Brothers.
Call us to get started on your Air Cleaner installation at 615-515-3015.
Nashville Home Air Purifier Installation
With much of our time spent indoors, it is important to monitor and test your home’s indoor air quality year-round. Although microscopic, pollutants can reduce your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ) and put your family’s health at risk. That’s where Whole House Air Purifiers like the Aprilaire Air Cleaner start working to clean problematic air.
What Is an Air Cleaner?
An air cleaner, also known as an air purifier, improves indoor air quality by filtering out impurities in your home’s air. These come in tabletop sizes or as whole-home solutions installed in a home’s heating or cooling system.
Do Air Purifiers Work? See the Benefits of Air Cleaners
By filtering out harmful particles such as pollen, dust and mold, air cleaners help cut down on asthma attacks, allergic reactions and respiratory illness. With Nashville, TN consistently being named among the worst cities for allergies, an air purifier can bring your family much-needed relief from common causes of allergies. Contact Hoffmann Brothers for advice on which type of air cleaner is best suited for your home.
When a Whole House Air Purifier Works Best
- Worsened allergies or asthma: If you find that your allergy or asthma symptoms are worsened while at home, indoor pollution may be to blame.
- Irritated throat or eyes: Poor air quality can cause dryness, itchiness and irritation of your eyes or throat.
- Prolonged cold or flu symptoms: A runny nose or cough that won’t go away could be a result of indoor air quality issues.
- Feeling lightheaded or fatigued: Chemical pollutants in your home’s air can cause lightheadedness or fatigue when inhaled.
- Heavy dust or obvious odors: If dust or musty odors persists despite regular cleaning of your home, consider installing an air cleaner or changing the filter of an existing one.
Learn More: How Often to Change a Furnace Filter
Common Types of Air Cleaners
At Hoffmann Brothers, we install Aprilaire Air Cleaners in Nashville homes. These are a strong part of the solutions available for the essential and ongoing efforts to restore your home to clean and safe breathing air. Some of the popular air cleaner technologies include:
- Central air cleaners: Implemented within existing ductwork, this whole-house solution purifies the air while circulating it throughout your home. This is a perfect solution for larger spaces, offices or homes with many rooms.
- High-efficiency particulate air purifiers (HEPA purifiers): These are the most effective at removing airborne particles but do not have the capability to remove odor, chemicals or gases.
- UV Germicidal Light: This technology is great at eradicating viruses and bacteria, but not as great at removing allergens, dust, smoke or other particles. For this reason, Hoffmann Brothers recommends investing in both an air cleaner and UV germicidal light if you choose to go this route.
- Ion Generator: This device reduces contaminants in the air by producing ions that charge particles like dust or pollen, which causes them to stick to surfaces around the room. It is wise to supplement this with regular cleaning as particles still reside in the room.
Whole House Air Cleaner Solutions for the Greater Nashville Area
There are plenty of ways to improve the air quality in your home. The EPA recommends Air Cleaners as one of the most effective.
Hoffmann Brothers proudly installs air cleaners that remove 95% of your home’s air pollutants, not to mention repairs and filter change on air cleaners. Our team will work with you and your budget to recommend the best air cleaner solution to help your family breathe easier.
FAQ’s About Air Cleaners and Purifiers
This depends on the model and type of air cleaner it is. Generally, air cleaners should be kept on 24/7 for the best results. Switching the device to a lower setting when not at home can conserve energy while still maintaining clean air.
Multiple factors should be considered, including the air quality issue at hand, filtration, square footage and desired features. Contact Hoffmann Brothers Heating and Cooling at 615-515-3015 for more advice and information about choosing and installing an air cleaner in your home.
Most air cleaners like HEPA purifiers use filters to clean air and trap particles as it passes through the unit. It is best to replace filters every 3-6 months to increase efficiency and reduce operating costs. Other air cleaners like ionizers typically require less maintenance as these do not use filters, rather they generate negative ions to reduce particles in the air.