Do your lights flicker when the AC turns on? Do you constantly blow fuses? You may need an electrical panel replacement. Old electrical panels often can’t handle the amount of energy being pulled to the numerous gadgets, devices, and appliances of today’s homes and businesses. Make sure your main electrical panel can handle your home’s or business’s electrical needs.
Jump To Page Contents:
- Licensed Electrical Panel Upgrades in Nashville
- Why Upgrade your Electrical Service Panel?
- Safety First: Call a Licensed Electrician for Electrical Panel Installation
- Do I Need an Electrical Panel Replacement?
- Electrical Panel Repair in Nashville
- More Helpful Resources
Licensed Electrical Panel Upgrades in Nashville, TN
An electrical panel upgrade is vital for your Nashville home or business as it poses a safety hazard if left unaddressed. You need an appropriately sized and modern system to handle the amount of power required to safely and efficiently run your residential or commercial property’s electricity.
Hoffmann Brothers’ electricians can help you calculate the power needed to safely run all your appliances and devices, install the correct electric panel upgrade, remodel your electrical system, and replace it with more efficient parts. The effort will save you money in the long run by avoiding unnecessary repairs, power outages, and business closures for commercial properties.
Why Upgrade your Electrical Service Panel?
When weighing costs to upgrade an electrical panel, keep in mind these critical benefits:
- Improved safety and reliability of your power
- Avoided hazards such as an improperly wired or overloaded electric panel
- Code compliance for your city, OSHA , and the National Fire Protection Association 
- Improved labeling so you know how to immediately address a power outage or power shutdown for safety or electrical servicing
- Less stress over the potential of a faulty panel
Call a Hoffmann Brothers’ electrician to schedule an electrical panel upgrade today. We will coordinate the proper permits and electricity cutoff during the installation.
Safety First: Call a Licensed Electrician for your Nashville Electrical Panel Installation
When your home or business needs electrical panel installation in Nashville, TN, and the surrounding areas, our reliable electrical team can complete the job. Electrical projects are not the ones to take on solo without proper training. The cost to replace an electrical panel is much cheaper than the cost of injury, fire, or worse, for the sake of doing it yourself.
That’s why our team of licensed and experienced electricians is ready to inspect, repair or replace your residential electric panel. They can help you determine the right size, amps, wiring, restructuring, etc., to power your home safely.
Do I Need an Electrical Panel Replacement?
Our electricians will complete the necessary electric panel repairs to get you up and running.
Some indicators that you require an electric panel replacement include the following:
- Panel age is 25 – 40+ years old: Outdoor panels can last 30 years, while indoor panels can last up to 40 years, but that doesn’t mean there is enough power to supply your home given today’s technology and electrical demand.
- Home age >35 years
- Buzzing, popping, hissing, or crackling sounds from the electrical panel is very serious – call for a professional immediately
- Screw-in fuses / the panel is obsolete (ex: Federal Pacific Electric Panel, Zinsco Electrical Panel, Pushmatic Electric Panel, and fuse boxes)
- Flickering lights can mean poor electrical connections within a local branch circuit or the entire panel circuit
- Frequent breaker trips or blown fuses are a sign of overload and the system regulating the amount of energy in the circuit (ex: running multiple large appliances in one area of your home only to begin to vacuum and the breaker trips).
- Having to manage appliance use to avoid simultaneous use and a breaker tripping or appliances that don’t run at full power
- Circuit breakers that won’t trip, but shock you, overheat, or start a fire
- Melted electrical wire
- Rust on breakers or panel is a sign of moisture, which is extremely dangerous near electricity
- Two-pronged outlets and/or a lack of ground fault circuit interrupters or AFCI outlets
- Heavy reliance on surge protectors and extension cords
- Running on 40 to 60-amp electrical service or one that’s insufficient for your home’s power needs, typically 100 to 200-amp these days.
- Lack of a main breaker
- No dedicated circuit for computers
- Additions or renovations to your property
- Sub-panels are necessary
- Worn, damaged, or melted cables
- Warm or hot panel
- Burnt panel or outlets
- Burning smell from panel
If you notice any of the above, call Hoffmann Brothers and ask about replacing your electrical panel. It could save you a shock, fire, damaged property, and a lot of headaches by addressing the issue as soon as possible.
Electrical Panel Repair in Nashville – We Can Fix It!
In need of electrical panel repair? Hoffmann Brothers’ electricians will inspect the electric panel in your Nashville home or business, then identify and repair the issue. We will determine the cause of any system failures to prevent them from recurring in the future.
Common electric panel repair needs include:
- Breakers that keep tripping
- Electrical surges
- Dead or not enough outlets
- Wiring problems
Whatever your electrical panel repair needs are, the team at Hoffmann Brothers is here to fix the panel issue and keep your property, people, and pets safe.
Common FAQs About Electrical Panel Services
Electric panel upgrades depend on the scope of the project, the location or relocation of the panel, the size of the new panel, amperage, wiring condition and needs, and the condition of the panel itself.
Replacing electric panels can take 4 to 8 hours but can depend on the amount of rewiring, relocating, and additional complexities the job requires.
Yes, sometimes all you need is a new breaker. You can replace a breaker to address this issue or if you notice different brands or colors in your electrical panel.