When you’ve finished the laundry and cleaned the lint trap, but your latest load of clothing remains damp, or a smoke alarm was triggered due to your dryer overheating, it’s time to perform a dryer vent cleaning. Hoffmann Brothers is your local Nashville Dryer Vent Cleaning Company with over 40 years of experience.
Schedule Dryer Vent Cleaning
Jump To Page Contents
- Do I Need to Clean the Dryer Vent Duct
- Fire Risks & Clogged Dryer Ducts
- Signs You Need a Dryer Vent Cleaning
- How to Clean Dryer Vent
- Schedule Nashville Dryer Vent Cleaning
- FAQs About Dryer Vent Cleaning
Do I Need to Clean the Dryer Vent Duct?
Dryer vent cleanings accomplish two critical things: yes, they help maintain a more efficient machine. But the more pressing reason: these cleanings keep your home safe. Lint builds up in the dryer, transition duct and exhaust duct which can reduce airflow and create a clogged dryer vent.
When that happens, you’ve got a dangerous situation that can lead to overheating, dryer inefficiencies, and in some cases, fires.
Trapped moisture also invites mold and bacteria buildup as well. With a professional dryer vent cleaning in Nashville, our team can help ensure your dryer operates safely and with maximum energy efficiency.
How Often to Clean a Dryer Vent?
Hoffmann Brothers recommends having your dryer vent professionally cleaned at least once every 5 years, or more frequently if your dryer vent is longer than 20 feet. This is especially critical for fire prevention and extending the life of your unit.
“You are at higher risk of having a clothes dryer fire if you don’t clean your lint filter and dryer vents.” – Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Blocked Dryer Vents: A Serious Fire Risk
The National Fire Data Center, under the direction of FEMA, documented the following findings as they relate to fires caused by dryers :
- 80 percent of clothes dryer fires occur in houses and residential buildings.
- Clothes dryer fires cause 15,600 structure fires, 15 deaths, and 400 injuries annually.
- Each year approximately 12,700 clothes dryer fires occur in residential buildings resulting in 15 deaths and 300 injuries.
- “Failure to clean” is the leading cause of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
With fire safety in mind, It is more important than ever to get your dryer vent cleaning service underway.
Schedule Dryer Vent Cleaning
Know The Signs: When You Need a Dryer Vent Cleaning
Here are the most common signs for when it’s time to clean your dryer vent ducts:
- Your Dryer is Extremely Hot to the Touch – The Dryer vent should be letting hot air escape. A clogged dryer vent could keep that from happening, causing overheating of the unit and clothes.
- Dryer is Producing a Burning Smell – Lint is very flammable, and small portions of it can ignite when blockages do not allow heat to escape through the vents. If you notice a burning smell, stop using the dryer, get an inspection and dryer vent cleaning.
- Clothes Are Taking Long to Dry – WIth a standard-sized load of laundry, a cycle should take around 45 minutes to get completely dry. If it takes much longer, you could have a vent blockage, with a musty smell indicating mold is beginning to grow on damp clothing.
- Lint and Debris Are Collecting Around the Dryer Vent Opening – If more than just hot air is exiting the vents, schedule a dryer vent cleaning
- The Dryer Vent Flap Will Not Open – The outside vent duct typically has a flap covering the opening where hot air can escape. With too much lint build-up, air cannot work its way through and the flap will not open. When hot air cannot escape, chances of overheating and fire increase.
- Yearly Dryer Maintenance and Yearly Dryer Vent Cleaning – Has it been a year or more since your last dryer vent duct cleaning? Schedule a maintenance appointment to get those vents cleaned out.
How to Clean Dryer Vent – Our Experts Follow Best Practices
When you schedule your Nashville dryer vent cleaning service with Hoffmann Brothers, we use acclaimed motorized brush vent cleaning technology. Some steps we take during a dryer vent cleaning appointment include
- Video Camera Inspection of Dryer Vents – Just like your air ducts, it may not be possible to see inside your dryer vents. Using vent camera technology, you’ll see all the lint and debris that remains inside your dryer and vent ducts after completing a load of laundry and clearing the lint trap.
- Using an Extended Lint Brush to Remove Blockages – This is where most DIY guides get you started. Our professional dryer vent cleaning services use large lint brushes to reach inside your ducts and free up larger blockages.
- Professional Dryer Vent Vacuums – After we’ve freed the majority of buildup with a brush, our specialized dryer vent cleaning vacuum equipment will remove any remaining lint or debris.
Schedule Dryer Vent Cleaning
Dryer Vent Cleaning Company, Nashville, TN – Call Hoffman Brothers!
Get started today by calling the Nashville dryer vent cleaning company at Hoffmann Brothers at (615) 515-3015 or schedule services online. We’re ready to answer your dryer vent cleaning questions and concerns.
Visit our Nashville air duct cleaning page and learn more about the many Indoor Air Quality services for Nashville area homes and businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dryer Vent Duct Cleaning
Hoffmann Brothers recommends having your dryer vent professionally cleaned a minumum of once every 5 years, or more frequently if your dryer vent is longer than 20 feet.
Professional dryer vent cleaning services are performed by appliance repair and maintenance technicians who know how to improve indoor air quality.
Yes, FEMA recommends cleaning your dryer vents annually to reduce fire risks. The National Fire Data Center recommends noting that many lives and thousands of structures are lost yearly to dryer clothing fires.