Hoffmann Brothers Nashville HVAC contractors offer air duct cleaning services throughout the Nashville Metropolitan area to help improve air quality and HVAC system efficiency. Our highly-rated services include:
- AC air duct cleaning
- Furnace duct cleaning
- Dryer vent cleaning
HVAC Duct Cleaning: Change The Air You Breathe
When the average American spends more than 90 percent of their time inside,1 it becomes essential to control the indoor air quality (IAQ) of homes and businesses. Still more, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) indoor pollution levels may be up to 100 times higher than that of the outdoors, and these indoor spaces rank among the top five environmental risks to public health.
So what can you do about it? One step to improve your home’s or business’s IAQ (and the health of its occupants) is to get your air ducts cleaned by a trusted HVAC and IAQ contractor.
The Hoffmann Brothers team of professionals has over 40 years of experience in the HVAC industry with award-winning service. That is why locals are trusting our professionals with their Nashville heating and AC duct cleaning services.
Do I Need Duct Work Cleaning for My Nashville Area Home?
With HVAC duct cleaning, you help clear pollutants, allergens (such as existing dust, dust mites, pollen, animal dander, and bacteria) and toxins in the air and prevent them from recirculating through your ductwork.
How do you know when you need duct cleaning services? Signs of the following all indicate that it is time for a professional air duct cleaning company to perform these important services:
- Mold in or near your heating and cooling system
- Water Damage/Contamination to your home or your HVAC system*
- Persistent Allergy and Cold-like Symptoms that may be caused by poor IAQ
- Lack of Air Filter changes – Clogged air filters can cause pollutants to build up
- Visible Dust on Air Registers, Grates, and Returns
- Dust and Debris in the Ductwork – Try taking off the vent cover and taking a look inside. If it looks dirty there, the problem undoubtedly exists further out of your sight too.
- Inconsistent Airflow throughout Property
- After Construction or Renovations – Dust and allergen levels tend to spike after such household projects
- When Moving into a New Home – Especially if the previous owner smoked, had a pet, or did not have it done within the past three years
- Sudden Increase in Utility Costs – Blockages cause your heating and cooling equipment to work harder and your monthly bill to increase.
- Pest Infestation – Creatures shed and add to increasing pollutant levels
* According to the EPA, “If you have insulated air ducts and the insulation gets wet or moldy it cannot be effectively cleaned and should be removed and replaced.”
How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts?
If it is best to change your air filters monthly, what is the frequency for air duct cleaning services? The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends ductwork cleaning every three to five years.
However, the technicians at Hoffmann Brothers employ superior duct and vent cleaning methods that keep your ductwork and your home’s air clean for six to eight years.
How to Clean Air Ducts – The Hoffmann Brothers Difference
Our team of technicians uses top-performing Rotobrush air duct cleaning technology to improve your indoor air quality and your HVAC system’s performance.
During AC duct cleaning and heating duct cleaning, a Hoffmann Brothers technician will:
- Inspect your air ducts with video technology
- Loosen and brush dust and debris from the walls of your duct system with the Rotobrush
- Vacuum debris and dust from the ducts
- Clean your HVAC coil system, blower motor, and additional parts*
- Thoroughly decontaminate your ducts with products designed to safely remove odors, germs, and build-up*
- Clean the vents, grilles, registers, and returns connected to your duct system
- Assess the need for dryer vent cleaning to reduce the risk of a house fire
* If deemed necessary by the onsite technician
Our technicians can complete air duct cleaning services quickly and efficiently, no matter the type and size of your HVAC system, how easily accessible the ductwork is, how long it has been since it was last cleaned, and how dirty it is. The process will go even smoother if the areas around your heating and cooling unit and duct registers are clear, so our technicians can get right to work when they arrive.
The Benefits of Vent and Duct Cleaning
Vent duct cleaning comes with several advantages beyond visual dirt removal. These benefits include:
- Less Allergy Issues – Clean air ducts mean cleaner air circulating throughout your home, which means a reduction of allergens and easier breathing!
- Fewer Pet-Related Problems – Furry friends, especially ones who shed, can mean hair in the duct and ventilation systems, dander, and bacteria growth unless addressed.
- No More “Sick Building Syndrome” – If you feel worse inside but better when outside, your air ducts could be a factor in the issue.
- Higher HVAC System Efficiency – Cleaning ducts, coils, and equipment can increase energy efficiency by up to 40 percent, which equates to savings on your utility bill.
- Eliminate Unpleasant Odors – If your home or business property has a certain stale, musty smell every time you walk in, it’s probably a buildup of odors from things like paint fumes, pets, tobacco, food and cleaning products lingering in your duct system.
Nashville Air duct cleaning companies like Hoffmann Brothers can help remedy each of these, leaving your home feeling (and smelling) fresher than it has in a while!
Frequently Asked Questions About Duct Cleaning
No. DIY air duct cleaning is not recommended due to the facts that:
- Home air duct cleaning done properly requires tools that you don’t typically have lying around the house.
- You run the risk of making your home’s IAQ worse by stirring up dust, allergens, and other contaminants in the house rather than removing them completely.
Dust and debris will accumulate and can cause (or further agitate) allergies, cold symptoms, odors throughout the house, mold growth, and poor indoor air quality.
Yes, removing the dust and debris that has accumulated over time in your ductwork can actually improve airflow, IAQ, and the efficiency of your HVAC system.
The best strategy is to search for “air duct cleaning near me” and give Hoffmann Brothers a call to clear the duct and clean your whole ductwork system. If it’s clogged where you can see it, the problem is likely continued further down the line where you cannot.
A Stand Out Among Nashville Air Duct Cleaning Companies
Now is an important time to prioritize the air you and your loved ones are breathing. Call Hoffmann Brothers today at 615-515-3015 to schedule your Nashville air conditioning duct cleaning, furnace duct cleaning, and dryer vent cleaning services, and let us help you get a breath of fresh air!