With a new tankless water heater, and more energy-efficient technology, your family can take advantage of an endless supply of hot water for showers, cooking, laundry, and more. Enjoy endless hot water with an on-demand water heater.
Jump To Page Contents:
- Tankless Water Heater Installation
- Tankless Water Heater Repair
- Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
- How Does an On-Demand Water Heater Work?
- Benefits of Endless Hot Water Units
- Frequently Asked Questions
Call Hoffmann Brothers, the Nashville water heater experts at 615-515-3015.
A licensed plumber from Hoffmann Brothers will first help you confirm that your gas and water is sufficient for a tankless water heater and help walk you through the question, “Should I get a tankless water heater?” by discussing:
- Your average water use
- The need for one or multiple units to meet your home’s daily water usage
- The fuel type appropriate for your home
- Any codes/laws for proper installation that must be followed
Once you have these details noted, Hoffmann Brothers will assist you in selecting the best Noritz tankless water heater to match your lifestyle and home’s needs. Our trained technicians will also provide the annual maintenance that ensures your new tankless water heater is properly functioning and will keep your warranties up-to-date.
Call Hoffmann Brothers today to discuss how you can get an endless supply of hot water and a quote.
When your tankless water heater is in need of repairs, you need a qualified and experienced contractor like Hoffmann Brothers to complete the work safely and correctly. Our trained technicians can service any brand of water heater.
Common repairs include:
- Improper installation
- Erratic functioning
- Rumbling or rattling noises
No matter what the brand or type of tankless water heater you are experiencing issues, Hoffmann Brothers can repair it.
Hoffmann Brothers recommends annual maintenance of your tankless water heater, starting with the year it is installed. Many manufacturers, like Navien, require annual maintenance as a part of their warranty policy. This routine servicing includes:
- checking the water temperature
- inspecting the overall operation
- acid flushing the heat exchanger
- checking the connections and exhaust vents
- cleaning the flame sensor
- flushing the water heater
An endless hot water heater, often referred to as an on demand water heater or tankless unit, brings hot water to your shower and appliances by the following process:
- Water enters the heater.
- The water-flow sensor detects the strength of the water flow.
- The water heater’s computer automatically ignites the burner.
- Water is forced to circulate through the heat exchanger.
- The exchanger heats the water to the set temperature.
When you turn off the hot water tap or appliance, the tankless hot water system turns off. It’s that simple.
As you weigh the tankless water heater pros and cons, consider these seven factors:
- Cost: While the initial investment is typically higher than a standard water heater, the rest of these considerations could more than justify it over time.
- Service: Annual servicing is required just like any water heater system.
- Life Expectancy: Endless hot water systems can last 15–20+ years.
- Endless Hot Water: This means hot water on demand that won’t “run out.”
- Efficiency: A tankless hot water heater is up to 40% more efficient than a 50-gallon tank water heater and could save at least $100/year in energy consumption (fuel types can affect this significantly as well), essentially paying for themselves within 10 years.
- Compact & Convenient: A tankless water heater can save much-needed space with a wall mount or outdoor installation.
- Incentives: Utility companies often offer incentives and rebates for installing a tankless water heater system.
Common FAQs for Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are considered on-demand water heaters and their main benefits include:
- Greater efficiency than standard water heaters
- Lower monthly costs to operate than standard tanks
- Longer lifespan than standard systems
- Less storage space than standard hot water heaters
- No more cold showers because you’ll enjoy endless hot water
No. Standard hot water systems depend on a tank filled incrementally with water that gets slowly heated. When it runs out, you’ll have to wait until it gets heated and filled again. Not so with tankless systems, which heats the water as it passes through the heat exchanger. You’ll never need to wait for hot water with a tankless unit.
While standard hot water heater systems have a life expectancy of 7–10 years perhaps (up to 12 years or more with regular maintenance), tankless water heater systems can last 15–20 years or more.
Contact the Nashville, TN Tankless Water Heater Contractors at Hoffmann Brothers
For over 40 years, Hoffmann Brothers has proudly installed and serviced heating and cooling systems and are proud to serve Nashville, TN. We service and repair all brands of hot water heaters.
Please give Hoffmann Brothers, the premier Nashville HVAC contractor, a call today at 615-515-3015.