Whether you need electrical outlet wiring to meet code or adding a new appliance, Hoffmann Brothers is your go-to electrical contractor in Nashville. The modern Nashville home, whether new or renovated, has a higher electrical demand than any home of decades past. Our licensed electricians can help ensure your home is adequately equipped to handle that usage with wiring upgrades. Call us today at (615) 515-3015 to get started.
Table of Contents
- Electrical Wiring Safety Precautions and Procedures
- Top Nashville Home Electrical Wiring – We’ll Inspect & Assess Your Needs
- Get Upgrades to your House Electrical Wiring in Nashville
- Cost to Upgrade Wiring in Nashville
- Call Our Pros for Nashville Electrical Wiring: Residential & Commercial
- Hoffmann Brothers: Reliable Nashville Electrical Wiring
- More Helpful Resources
Electrical Wiring Safety Precautions and Procedures
There are a number of reasons you need electric wiring upgrades, including increased power needs, the age of your home (40+ years old means you probably need upgrades), and updating to meet electrical code and safety.
A trained electrician can help you address and remedy these issues and ensure your home is properly equipped to handle your family’s power needs. Keep in mind that this is not an ideal DIY job because the risks of improper installation, electrocution, or fire are too significant.
Call a professional like Hoffmann Brothers and reap the benefits of the value increase to your home.
Basic Electrical Wiring Questions & Tips to Cover
There are a few things you can do initially to help the process along and give the electrician a better idea of the state of your home’s electrical wiring, such as:
- Check your circuit breakers for signs of rust, pest damage, ease of switching on/off
- Test GFCI and all other outlets to ensure proper function (Tip: You can buy a cube tester that will light up in different colors to indicate different issues).
- Inspect wires that you can see for cracks or splits
- Test your voltage (ex: 120-volt outlets can read between 110-130 and be fine)
- Check extension cords for damage and proper amperage rating
Top Nashville Home Electrical Wiring – We’ll Inspect & Assess Your Needs
Hoffmann Brothers’ electricians will inspect your wiring and inform you of any immediate issues or warning signs that it’s time to upgrade your electrical wiring.
Those warning signs could include any of the following:
- Dimming, flickering, or blown lights
- Breakers that blow or trip often
- Burning smell
- Two prong outlets instead of GFCI outlets
- Warm, discolored, or sparking outlets
- Tingling sensation when touching appliances
It is pivotal to your home’s safety to address these issues. Our electricians are well-versed in fixing wiring problems and stay up to date with the latest National Electric Code (NEC) changes, which are revised every three years to ensure that they stay current with the ever-evolving technology that depends on it.
Call Hoffmann Brothers to get your Nashville electrical wiring for residential and commercial properties inspected and fixed today.
Get Upgrades to your House Electrical Wiring in Nashville
Hoffmann Brothers has a team of licensed, experienced electricians to handle home electrical wiring in Nashville. We can help you with smart doorbell wiring, bring your home’s or business’s wiring up to code, or help you wire a new addition to your property.
A great time to complete electrical upgrades is during a remodeling job. If your house or business is already a construction zone, it’s a great time to streamline your projects and install electrical upgrades.
Other Nashville electrical upgrades you might consider include:
- Smart thermostats or relocating thermostats to a better location
- Smart lighting with motion detection
- Smart home surveillance cameras and alarm systems
- Smart smoke alarms
- LEDs or another kind of lighting – your choice will affect your energy usage and utility bill
- Additional outlets (every 10 feet – or every four feet for kitchens)
- USB outlets or even a charging station for all of your devices
- Wiring and TV mount
Call Hoffmann Brothers today to schedule your electrical inspection and get a quote on your Nashville home’s electrical wiring upgrade today.
What Are Typical Electric Wiring Costs?
The cost to upgrade electrical wiring in your Nashville home or business will depend on several factors, such as:
- Square footage of the property
- Age of house
- Material quality
- Permits and inspections needed
- Scope of the job (ex: which room(s) is being rewired)
- Where you live
- How little/much the electricians have to get behind and repair your walls to reach the wires
Call our electricians to provide a thorough evaluation to rewire your home and see how our team can work with you to upgrade your electrical wiring and improve your Nashville home’s safety and efficiency.
Call Our Pros for Nashville Electrical Wiring: Residential & Commercial
Hoffmann Brothers knows the importance of properly installed electrical wiring during an upgrade. Electric wiring keeps your home or business running, and any disruption or malfunction is not only inconvenient but also a safety hazard. A 2022 report from the National Fire Protection Association report concluded, “Electrical failures or malfunctions were the second leading cause of electrical home fires in 2015–2019, accounting for 13% of home structure fires.” Electrical wiring doesn’t last forever and does have a lifespan.
Some reasons to consider an upgrade include the following:
- Your home may have old knob and tube wiring from the early 1900s that deteriorates over time
- You may have aluminum wiring from the 1960s and ‘70s that has a lower melting point than the standard copper wire required today
- You may need to increase the amps of your electrical panel to account for the increased power demand of large appliances, HVAC, TVs, and other electronic devices of the modern world that require 200+ amps.
Regardless, any of these systems could be (and likely are) overtaxed by the power demand of today’s world’s various systems, devices, and appliances.
Since all the wiring is behind your walls, you want to make sure that you hire a team that you can trust to get the job done right the first time and avoid repeat destruction and construction of your walls. Whatever the size and scope of the job, Hoffmann Brothers has the team to get the job done right.
Call Hoffmann Brothers today to discuss your Nashville home’s electrical upgrades.
Hoffmann Brothers: Reliable Nashville Electrical Wiring
Hoffmann Brothers’ team of electricians can help you with any Nashville electrical wiring upgrades. Our award-winning service and 40+ years of experience give us the advantage of coming to your home, identifying the issue, explaining the cause as well as the options for repair, and then fixing it.
We work systematically to get the job done as efficiently and effectively as possible to reduce the amount and length of disruption to your daily routine as much as we can.
Call us at (615) 515-3015 or fill out our online form to schedule an inspection of your house’s electrical wiring and get a quote on your wiring upgrade project.
Frequently Asked Questions About Electricity Wiring
It depends if they’re on the same circuit or not. If yes, it could affect the others. If not, it’s unlikely.
If the home is older than 30-40 years old, rewiring would very likely add value as it will be more efficient, less of a safety risk, and better able to meet the power needs of the household.
While it may not be required, vacating the premises during the rewiring process is recommended to avoid the mess and disruption to your power and daily routines. Plus, it may be part of a larger renovation project that would make it even more likely that staying elsewhere would be more convenient and less disruptive all around.
More Helpful Resources
- GFCI Plugs & Outlets – When To Update Your Property
- How to Read Gas and Electric Meters
- Electrical Outlet Fire Hazards – Family & Home Safety Information
- How Smart Lighting Technology Works
- Replace a Stab Lok Breaker in your Federal Pacific Electrical Panel
- Steps to Save On the Electric Bill & Other Energy Costs
- Troubleshooting Electrical Issues Hoffmann Brothers Electrical
- Bathroom Electrical Services