Heat Pump Not Heating or Cooling? Nashville Repairs with Hoffmann Brothers
Our HVAC Techs Will Fix Your Heat Pump System
Your heat pump not heating or cooling is a sign that it needs a repair. Call the Nashville HVAC Contractors at Hoffmann Brothers to identify, troubleshoot, and address your heat pump problems. Our award-winning heat pump repair team works quickly and efficiently to fix your system.
Table of Contents
- Signs You Need Heat Pump Repairs
- Heat Pump Troubleshooting for Heat Pump Repair in Nashville
- Nashville, TN Heat Pump Repair vs. Replace
- Commercial Heat Pump Repair in Nashville, TN
- More Helpful Resources
Nashville Heat Pump Not Cooling, Heating and Other Signs You Need Repairs
Signs It’s Time To Fix Your Heat Pump System
Is your heat pump showing signs of needing a repair? Not sure? Some common heat pump issues that can indicate that a repair is required include:
- Heat pump not heating adequately or at all
- Heat pump not cooling adequately or at all
- Heat pump outside unit not running when heat is on
- Heat pump not turning on
- Heat pump fan not spinning
- Unusual noises or smells
- Freezing around the outdoor unit
- Heat pump running constantly
- Spikes in electric bill
- Low airflow
- Leaky or noisy ducts
- Blockages and obstructions to the indoor and outdoor units
- Thermostat issues
If you notice any of these occurring with your heat pump, do not wait for damage to occur or get worse. Call for a Hoffmann Brothers HVAC technician to come inspect your heat pump. It could save you from further damage, bigger issues, and more expensive repairs.
Nashville Heat Pump Repairs for These Types and Brands
A Few Heat Pumps Brands We Fix
Our team is trained and experienced in servicing and repairing all kinds heat pump systems including Single stage or two stage heat pumps, Standard or dual-fuel heat pumps, and Air, ground, or water source heat pumps.
We provide Nashville heat pump repair for a number of brands including:
- Goodman Heat Pumps
- Trane Heat Pumps
- Mitsubishi Heat Pump
- Carrier Heat Pump
Nashville Heat Pump Troubleshooting
While it is better to leave heat pump repairs to a trusted professional HVAC technician, there are some troubleshooting efforts you can do to help us narrow down the problem.
- Check your thermostat: Is it on the right settings? Check your manual for tips to fix or reset the settings. Is it properly wired and connected based on your specific model? Does it need new batteries?
- Change your filter: Dirty air filters can make it harder for the heat pump to run efficiently and it can become overworked. Changing the filter monthly will help prevent this issue.
- Electrical or Power Issues: Check the breakers on your electrical panel to be sure nothing tripped.
- Clear debris around the unit.
- Make sure air ducts are not blocked.
- If the air is cold, turn to emergency heat and five degrees above room temp. If the air turns warm, your outdoor unit, fan motor, or thermistor may be the culprit. If it stays cold, it’s likely your thermostat or the air handler.
- Rattling noises may just mean your cover panel needs tightening.
- Grinding or squealing noises mean turn the unit off and call in the reinforcements.
Causes of Damage to Heat Pumps
Another issue may be that your heat pump is damaged. Some indicators that this is the case include:
- Improper installation, causing malfunction
- Fractured heat pump frame
- Broken bearing seal from rust, sediment, and other pollutants in the system
- Coolant leaks
If you notice any of these issues and the quick, easy fixes don’t do the trick. Call Hoffmann Brothers for licensed Nashville heat pump repair technician. We will help you identify the problem, present your options for repair, and fix it as soon as possible to get your heat pump back up and running efficiently and effectively.
Nashville, TN Heat Pump Repair vs. Replace
Fix It or Replace My Heating System?
One question you will ask yourself – or your HVAC contractor – at some point is, “When is it best to repair or replace my heat pump?” Possible answers to that question include when your heat pump:
- Is not heating or cooling
- Needs constant repairs
- Causes a sudden spike in utility bills
- Is 10+ years old
Cost is typically a major factor in this decision. Repairs that are expensive enough warrant a new system are affected by the availability of parts, whether your heat pump is still under warranty or not, as well as how consistently and how well the system has been maintained. Annual maintenance helps reduce the need for repairs and can keep your heat pump operating much longer and more efficiently than those that are inconsistently serviced. In fact, “the difference between the energy consumption of a well-maintained heat pump and a severely neglected one ranges from 10% to 25%.”
Heat pump repair needs and costs will be determined by multiple factors, but one thing you can count on is Hoffmann Brothers’ technicians explaining your options, giving you time to decide, and not beginning the repairs until you approve the action plan to move forward. Contact Hoffmann Brothers to create a repair or replacement plan for your heat pump today.
Commercial Heat Pump Repair in Nashville, TN
Heat Pump Repairs for Your Business Property
Is your commercial heat pump in need of repair? Call Hoffmann Brothers. We provide single and two-stage commercial heat pump services for Nashville area businesses. Our team of technicians will help you identify the issue, present your options, and proceed with the repairs only after you have selected which works best for your business and your budget.
Give us a call to schedule your repair today. Our commercial HVAC technicians will get your heat pump back up and running as quickly as possible to make sure your property is safe and comfortable for your clients and employees.
Hoffmann Brothers – Top-Rated Among Nashville Heat Pump Repair Companies
For over 40 years Hoffmann Brothers has provided heating and cooling services to neighborhoods like yours. We believe in delivering quality, trustworthy repairs to our customers, which is just one reason we guarantee our work.
Call Hoffmann Brothers at 615-515-3015 or fill out our online form to schedule your residential or commercial property’s heat pump repair and know it will be fixed with care, expertise, and efficiency.
FAQs About Heat Pump Repair Services in Nashville
While some heat pumps can last longer if they are properly maintained and factors such as type of heat pump and geographic location contribute to the lifespan of a heat pump, Energy Star recommends considering replacement after 10 years.
If you inherited the HVAC system with your “new” house and are unsure if it’s a heat pump, turn the thermostat to Heat. Then check the outdoor unit; if the fan is running, you have a heat pump.
According to the US Department of Energy, heat pumps are energy efficient and can reduce your electricity use by approximately 50% and can reduce overall energy consumption by 30-60%.