When your furnace is in need of repairs, it’s important to have a trusted Nashville HVAC contractor you can depend on to get there and fix the problem as soon as possible. Count on Hoffmann Brothers to provide experienced Furnace Services in Nashville, TN and the surrounding communities.
Hoffmann Brothers technicians will inspect your unit, evaluate the best course of action, and perform the necessary furnace repairs.
Our award-winning team will be there fast whether you need immediate assistance for an emergency furnace repair or have some flexibility to schedule an appointment to address smaller issues. Our Nashville Furnace Repair Company is more than 40 years strong and is the 2021 Expertise “Best HVAC Professionals in Nashville.”
Furnace Won’t Ignite? Get Heating Furnace Repair in Nashville
Hoffmann Brothers can provide furnace repairs for almost any brand, including:
- American Standard Furnaces
- Lennox Furnaces
- Trane Furnaces
- York Furnaces
- Comfortmaker Furnaces
- Carrier Furnaces
- Heil Furnaces
- Bryant Furnaces
- Rheem Furnaces
- Ruud Furnaces
- Amana Furnaces
- Goodman Furnaces
Contact our Project Managers for more information on your specific brand.
Signs You Need an Electric or Gas Furnace Repair
You’ll know there’s an issue requiring a Nashville furnace repair when:
- The furnace won’t ignite
- The furnace blows cold air, makes a loud noise, or continually cycles.
- The pilot light won’t stay lit – A furnace that won’t stay on may need a cleaning. It’s probably time to schedule your next Nashville Furnace Maintenance visit.
- The thermostat isn’t working. (Tip: Change the batteries, and see if that does the trick.)
- You notice a spike in your energy bills.
- You are constantly resetting your thermostat. (Tip: Try changing your air filter.)
- You notice broken parts, like a cracked heat exchanger or a burner improperly burning fuel.
- You smell gas – Carbon monoxide is odorless, which makes it all the more important to have a trained professional check and repair leaks. As the first line of defense, the CDC recommends installing “battery-operated or battery back-up CO detectors near every sleeping area in your home” and checking them regularly for proper function to avoid the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.)
Nashville Furnace Heat Exchanger Repair
A furnace heat exchanger separates the air that you breathe from the toxins produced by the combustion process. When it works properly, air blows across the heat exchanger’s hot metal surface, warms, and is then distributed through the vents of your home to keep it warm and comfortable.
However, when furnace heat exchangers fail (typically due to wear and tear), this process does not go as planned and can put you at risk for carbon monoxide leaks. Regular furnace maintenance can keep this part in working order longer than its typical shelf life of 10–20 years.
Call Hoffmann Brothers if you suspect a failure or malfunction of your furnace heat exchanger. Our team of trained and experienced technicians will get your furnace back up and running as soon as possible.
Our Most Common Local Furnace Repair Calls
Gas Furnace Blowing Cold Air and Won’t Shut Off
Is your furnace blowing cold air? The good news is your blower is working. The bad news is you probably still need some form of furnace repair.
First, you should know how to troubleshoot before you call in the experts for backup. Here are a few things to consider.
- Is this the first time the furnace was turned on for the season? It may take a few minutes for warmer air to flow, just like it takes a bit for your oven to preheat.
- Is your thermostat set to On and Heat?
- Has your furnace been serviced or has the air filter been replaced?
- Is your furnace sensor dirty? When this sensor cannot detect the burner it shuts off the gas supply to your furnace as a safety precaution.
Unusual Burning Smell In Furnace
A burning smell from your furnace may sometimes fit the alarm category.
You may smell burning when the furnace is first switched on for the season. This is normal. Dust accumulates in its off-season and gets burned once it’s turned on again. The smell can last for a couple of hours.
Tip: Turn your furnace on for the first time on a mild day, so you can open the windows.
However, if that smell doesn’t dissipate, you may have a clogged air filter, which can cause a few problems:
- It makes the furnace work too hard.
- The blower can’t achieve adequate airflow over the heat exchanger.
- Parts or electrical components can overheat and cause a fire.
In this case, you can call for a furnace repair appointment to address any and all issues you are experiencing with your heating system.
Schedule Home Furnace Repair in Your Nashville Community
Hoffmann Brothers is proud to be your reliable home furnace repair company in Nashville. Call us when you need us at 615-515-3015. We are here to keep your family safe and comfortable year-round.
Frequently Asked Questions for Furnace Repair Services in Nashville, TN
Furnaces typically last 15 to 20 years. They may even last longer if they are properly maintained. Hoffmann Brothers provides experienced furnace replacement in Nashville, TN when your needs go beyond furnace repairs.
Yes. While we recommend it, some manufacturers require annual furnace maintenance in order for their warranty to stay valid for your furnace.
Air filters should be replaced every month or quarter to maintain proper furnace functionality.