The time for your annual furnace maintenance in Nashville is definitely before it turns into a furnace repair visit. A basic preventative furnace tune-up helps keep a heating furnace working efficiently throughout the seasons. Keeping this appointment can save you time and money in the long run. Gas furnace maintenance is a must when operating fossil fuels that need an annual inspection for safety and possible carbon monoxide issues.
Hoffmann Brothers HVAC technicians are licensed and experienced experts and can service any brand, make or model furnace you may have. Our team has over 40 years of award-winning service and is ready to provide exceptional Furnace Services in Nashville, TN.
Annual Furnace Maintenance Checklist – We Troubleshoot During Inspection
What is a furnace tune-up? It’s your important opportunity to address common issues that may be required to fulfill the terms of your warranty and to keep your HVAC system running smoothly. Hoffmann Brothers Nashville heating experts utilize our essential furnace tune-up checklist to cover:
- Wear & Tear – Address all wear and tear issues to prevent furnace failure
- Safety Checks – Perform the small repairs and cleaning needed on parts such as gas valves and other essential systems
- Checking For Leaks – Focus on your furnace heat exchanger to avoid the risk of toxic carbon monoxide leaks
Signs of a Faltering Furnace
Technology has advanced significantly in the past decade, and heating system technology has only become more efficient as a result. In fact, systems designed more than 12 years ago are often due for a furnace replacement.
As you schedule your Nashville furnace maintenance appointment, keep in mind these common signs of a furnace in need of repairs or replacement:
- Rising Utility Bill: Review and compare energy costs and usage over the last three to five winters.
- Frequently Resetting the Thermostat: This could be to reach your desired temperature or because the furnace is constantly cycling on and off. Either way, your furnace needs attention, or, at the very least, an air filter replacement.
- Gas Odor: If you smell gas close to the furnace, put safety first by calling the gas company or 911 to avoid fire, gas poisoning, and fatalities. Then reach out to a heating contractor to get the needed repairs or replacements.
- Pilot Light Won’t Stay Lit: This issue requires a licensed HVAC contractor, as only they have the expertise to perform heating furnace repairs and installation properly and safely.
- Cracked Heat Exchanger: The only way to know if your furnace’s heat exchanger is working properly is to keep your preventative maintenance appointment. It is also a vital safety measure to keep your family safe from carbon monoxide poisoning or fatalities.
Make Yearly Furnace Maintenance in Nashville a Priority
When homeowners skip their annual furnace tune-up in Nashville, they often pay for the missed visit every month in higher utility bills. This is because their furnaces are not operating efficiently or because they need repairs that could have been avoided. However, keeping this preventative maintenance appointment can often lead to your furnace exceeding its quoted life expectancy.
Hoffmann Brothers offers professional and affordable furnace maintenance that will prolong your furnace and heating system’s lifespan. Plus, you can join the Home Protection Plan and get your heating and cooling tune-up done annually.
Frequently Asked Questions about Furnace Maintenance in Nashville, TN
The cost of an annual maintenance appointment can depend on any small repairs that are identified and performed during inspection. And when you sign up for our Home Protection Plan, your AC and furnace maintenance service will be included as well as air filters and discounts on any future repairs.
Preventative maintenance appointments typically include cleaning the system, checking for common problems, tightening wiring, lubricating and replacing any moving parts as needed, and inspecting the system as a whole to be sure it is in peak operating condition for all seasons.
Yes, at Hoffmann Brothers, we highly recommend servicing your furnace each year as the seasons change to avoid unnecessary repairs, perform safety checks, and prolong the lifespan of your heating system. Plus, most manufacturers require it to maintain warranty on the furnace.
Furnace air filters should be replaced every 30-90 days.