Summary: Primarily responsible for performing repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, compressors, light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
- Understands basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read basic wiring diagrams. Understanding of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits.
- Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in with office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day.
- During and or at the end of each task complete all company provided forms to the fullest extent possible.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day.
- Check in with client at the beginning and end of each task.
- Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
- Upon completion of each task record time spent at each job on the weekly time sheet.
- Hand in paperwork, checks, or cash at the end of each week for processing.
- Ensure all vendor packing slips or invoices for each job are handed into the Warehouse Coordinator.
- Ensure all materials used for each task are listed properly on the company provided forms.
- Answer all office pages/calls in a timely manner.
- Check in as needed to ensure office dispatcher and/or field supervisor are aware of your status.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Call in repairs to the estimator or field supervisor and provide the necessary info needed to quote the repair, and fill out the appropriate quote forms as required.
- Consult field supervisor or dispatcher in times of uncertainty.
Essential Technical Skills Required:
Technician must be able to install, repair, adjust, maintain and troubleshoot the following equipment:
- Refrigerant controls (metering devices)
- Hermetic compressors
- Heat Pumps to 5-ton
- Split systems to 5-ton
- Packaged units to 5-ton
- Ductless splits
- Electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase)
- Electric motor controls (contractors, starters, relays, disconnect, thermostats, etc.)
- Light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners and related controls (oil and gas)
- Various types of water pumps
- Intake and exhaust fans
- Unit heaters (hot water, steam and electric)
Technician must be able to proficiently perform the following tasks
- Basic heat load calculations
- Basic heat loss calculations
Safety: Must consider safety one’s primary job, both for personal, co‑worker and public benefit, and must have general knowledge of safe working practices and of MO‑OSHA requirements.
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders, work in hot and cold environments, and work in small crawl spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move50lbs and up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment can vary depending on the season in Missouri and scope of work – employees are required to work outdoors throughout the seasons. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.
This position is being hired for a Tuesday – Saturday Schedule. This position is paid hourly, with plenty of opportunity for overtime, commissions and bonuses throughout the year. Our company has been serving the St Louis area for well over 40 years. We offer great benefits including health, dental, & vision insurance. We have a matching 401K Retirement program, paid vacation & paid holidays. We are a family friendly company and celebrate individual & company achievements with fun events and prizes. We believe in promoting from within and there are many areas to advance in our company.
- Excellent compensation
- Company provided work van plus gas
- 401k match up to 4% company match
- Health and Vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- 6 Paid holidays
- Bonus programs
- Paid training
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Year round work
- Company provided iPad
- Tool replacement policy
- Company barbeques and party’s